Friday, February 7, 2014

Sweetheart Treat Bags

I finally got myself back to the craft room to finish making these adorable treat bags for my daughter to take to the Wellness Center.  Valentine's Day will soon be here and I'm not ready yet!!  I fell in love with these cute heart treat bags and brought a few sets from SU and really like them.



There are a lot of videos out there showing many different ways to put them together, but since I'm trying to clean out my stash, I decided to use some heart paper doilies that have been laying around for awhile.  I filled the bags up with some heart candy and folded the top down about 1" and stapled them closed.  Then I used my glue gun and adhered my doily on the front.  I stamped my Valentine sentiment on the banners which came with the set.  I used my stamp set - Love Monsters - from Taylor Expressions that I showed you on a previous post.  I popped that up with dimensionals and then used the heart stamp from the PS-I love you stamp set from SU.  I punched that out with the Heart to Heart Punch and adhered a red button with some Pool Party twine that came with the set and popped that up as well.


They came together pretty quick.  The only thing that took some time was tying the bow in the button with the twine.  I just felt the heart needed something else, and I liked how the bow made the difference. 

It has been a rough week around here with the weather, but I know other places have had it worst.  More snow is expected this weekend, so hopefully I'll have more time in the craft room.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we won't get too much snow as the girls want to come up and make some of their Valentines.  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

These are so pretty with supplies from your stash that I can't imagine anything you would use to make them better. The residents are going to be so cheered by these little pretties, and you are very thoughtful to always be making something for them. I'm not ready for Valentine's Day, either -- yikes! I still have my hubby's card to make and packages to mail. They don't have to go far, thankfully.