Tuesday, February 18, 2014

School Projects

Well, the girls finally went back to school yesterday, after having last Thurs. and Fri. off due to the weather.  They had a delayed opening today and probably will again tomorrow due to the icy weather coming in the AM.  They were finally able to finish and bring home some projects they had been working on and they wanted to share them on our blog!

Sarah had sewing this quarter and her project was to make a pillow.  A few weeks ago, we went to Hobby Lobby with her shopping list and she picked out the fabric that she wanted to make her pillow.  She loves pink and knew exactly what she wanted.


Here is the finished result.  I should have taken a picture of the other side - which is all the solid pink material.  She was so proud of the finished product.  She was especially proud of the 4 pieces that she sewed correctly making the seams meet perfectly.  I told her she did a great job, considering it was the first time she used a sewing machine.  The teacher must have thought so too, as she got an A!!

Rachel had Art this quarter and they made a yarn bowl which I just fell in love with.  I had never seen anything finished off like this.


She said they started out with a piece of cording and wrapped the different colors of yarn around it keeping it very tight and gluing the ends.


This is how the bottom looks.  She said she then tied the cording together with yarn of the same color and formed a bowl.


This is a picture of how the bowl looks inside.  I was pretty impressed with the detail and so was the teacher as she got an A on the project as well.

I hoped you enjoyed seeing what they have been working on and that you enjoy the week ahead!

Thank for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful work from both daughters! I can't imagine why I didn't take art in school. Really scratching my head over that one. The yarn bowl is quite an interesting and fun project. Pretty, too! I did learn to sew in school, like Sarah. My first project was an apron. Sarah's pillow turned out just perfect!