Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentine Doilies

I saw these doilies on Inking Idaho and thought they were so cute and decided to make some.
 
 

Supplies:

Paper - Doilies - 5 1/2"
Ink - Real Red, Pretty in Pink - SU
Stamps - Happy Valentine Day - Michael's
Accessories - Cording, small heart punch, dauber, plastic needle

Inking Idaho used the SU doilies which are smaller, but I had some 5 1/2" ones on hand. She also used twine, but I decided to use my cording instead.  I stamped my greeting on the front of the doily and then put that one together with another one with  the backs facing each other.  Then I just stitched in and out of the doily holes going around the inside circle with my cording.  I found using my plastic needle made life alot easier.  Before closing the circles, I filled the centers with 4 hershey kisses and then tied the cord off with a bow.  I adhered a small red heart that I had punched out, and used my dauber and went around the edges of the doilies on both sides and it was finished! 

I thought these would be cute for the girls to give out to teachers, bus drivers, etc.  It's going to get really cold here  - hope you keep warm and have a good week!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: