Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas Card

 It's hard to believe that Christmas is this weekend and a New Year is upon us.  This card was made by Gina K on one of her videos.  I thought is was really nice and loved how it could be made with different greetings, so I made these for Christmas.  


The card was made with her Floral Border die set.  I blended different colors on white CS and cut it out with the outline die.  Then I used the flower die and cut it in black and glued it on top.  I love how it turned out.  Every time it will be a different blend depending on the colors you use.


I outlined my panel with black and used her Master Layouts #1 for the ovals.  I don't have many stencils, but I decided to blend the background with light grey and used part of her Bodacious Bloom set.  My sentiment was from the Perfect Poinsettia stamp set. 

Things have been hectic around here.  All of Margaret's came down with Covid.  The baby got it first and then one by one the whole family got it.  Margaret had it the worst and had to get medicine for it.  Fortunately, the rest of us had not been with them since Thanksgiving so we weren't exposed.  Joe had to have some surgery last week and is scheduled for another one in January so our Christmas gathering will have to wait.  For all our friends and family, we want to thank you for your well wishes and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.  I'm going to be taking some time off from crafting and will see you next year some time.  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy


7 comments:

Abdel said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, I wish you a happy holiday. :)

Abdel | Infinitely Posh.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Well, first of all I want to tell you how beautiful your cards are. I'm intrigued by the die and may have to look it up. Such lovely Christmas cards! I'm so sorry to hear about your family's illness. I sure hope it wasn't too hard on everyone. There are so many things going around these days. You MUST be cautious and stay well! Rich and I and the dogs had our Christmas, but our son will come down next weekend as the roads were too icy. We always urge caution. Take care.

Tanza Erlambang said...

I am Sorry to hear about your family...

From my deep heart, I pray that all who got sick will recover soon....

# Merry Christmas and happy new year.....

bread&salt said...

I am so sorry to hear about your family's illness. I hope everyone is well now. i like your Christmas cards. That look lovely. Merry Christmas to you dear friend. Happy and healthy 2023. Greetings.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Have a great weekend

mamawcindy said...

Beautiful card, love the blended look on the flowers. Hoping you are doing well. I guess everyone got over their sickness with Covid.I got really sick awhile back. I think I had Covid but never got tested. We are celebrating my grand daughters birthday today. Have a great day!

bread&salt said...

Have a wonderful February to you and your family dear friend. Greetings.