Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Happy Birthday Shaker Card

 One birthday card down and two more to go!  I made this card for a friend of mine who lives in Florida.  We have known each other since we were kids going to the same school, church, etc.  It's nice to keep in touch.  I like to watch Jennifer McGuire's blog for different techniques and ideas.  A few weeks ago, I saw her use the die - Birthday Message #1842- and fell in love with it.  Of course, it was out of stock when I went to order it so I left my email to notify me when it was back in stock.  When they did Simon Says had a special on if you order one die you get the die - Beautiful Wafer Die - for free.  Well, I couldn't let a good deal go bye!  


I used white CS for my base card.  I cut out 4 layers of white CS with the die to form my shaker card.  I glued them on a solid piece of white CS and used the die to cut out another one using some green glitter paper.  I glued on a piece of clear CS to it and glued that on my 4 pieces after I filled the sentiment with some little gems to make the shaker card.  I love how it turned out!  I love making shaker cards this way.  For my sentiment on the front, I used SU's stamp set Label Me Bold.


For the inside sentiment, I used SU's stamp set Approaching Perfection.  I love the sayings that are included.  I also punched some little hearts from the left over green glitter paper.  It is hard to believe that Easter is around the corner.  It is really early this year.  Have a great week!

Thanks for topping by,


Nancy



5 comments:

mamawcindy said...

What a wonderful birthday card Nancy, Your friend is going to love it. Great die.
Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog.
cindys-greencricut

Denise said...

What a great card Nancy! I love it. I don't remember that birthday die but now I have to have it!! And I love all those adorable shaker bits.

bread&salt said...

What a beautiful and cute birthday card Dear friend! Childhood friendship is always unique and special. Your friend loves this card. Happy day,

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, this is cute! Love the glitter, and there's a lot of adorableness going on under that shaker front. Great sentiment inside. I love a good birthday sentiment!

Tanza Erlambang said...

happy birthday to your long time friend.... beautiful die.
Love the saying about "age and perfection.".....

Have a great weekend