Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Card - Gleeful Wishes

Before I start with my project for today, I wanted to let all those who are members of Splitcoaststampers know hat I was chosen Favorite Stamper of the week.  I was so surprised!  I didn't even know about this feature.  They pick someone and then they go to your gallery and chose one of your cards to CASE.  I was so pleased and loved seeing their cards.  If interested, you can go to their website and under Featured Gallery type FS670 which will take you to their cards.  It was so much fun!

I'm back with another Christmas card.  I am loving Heartfelt Creations collections.  To make this card I used two of their collections - Candy Cane Cottage and Candlelit Christmas.  This is a 7" x 5" card made with thick Whisper White CS.  I used some of the DSP to cover the front and the Intricate Swirl Frames Die in Whisper White as well.  I adhered a pretty panel from my DSP  inside the frame.


I used the stamps and dies for my ginger bread house, candy canes and cute penguin which I popped up with dimensionals.  I used clear white glue and glitter to accent the snow, frame and card.  I made my poinsettia using Real Red and Olive Green for the leaf and added some prills for the center.  The sentiment I used was also from the DSP matted on a piece of Whisper White.


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's Still Scenes stamped on the collections DSP.  I really love making these cards. 

On a sad note, my daughter had to put their dog Willow to sleep.  When her elderly neighbor passed away she took Willow in because she didn't want them to put her in the pound.  Every since that day, she has always repaid her with her love and loyalty.  After Jennifer was born, she never left her side.  I remember when feeding her bottle, Willow was always by my side watching. She never left Jennifer out of her sight.  The night the bear appeared in their yard, she put herself between Jeannie and Jennifer and scared it off.  They did everything they could to save her but did not want to see her suffer.  There was nothing more they could do.  The Vet came to the house so she could pass at home. She was the best dog I have ever seen and will truly be missed.


I have hundreds of pictures of Jennifer and Willow, but I always liked this one.  Jennifer loves to go to the playground and no matter what she was doing Willow was always right by her side.  Rest in peace Willow!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




5 comments:

dellgirl said...

Yaaa, CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen Favorite Stamper of the week. I'm not surprised at all, you're so creative and talented. Your projects are always absolutely amazing! Love the Christmas card, it's beautiful.

I'm so sorry about your loss. Willow sounds like a truly wonderful friend and companion. Rest in peace Willow! Love that photo, Jennifer looks adorable and happy there.

Wishing you all the best!

Leslie Miller said...

You're having so much fun with your Heartfelt and making beautiful things. This is one of the most festive, Christmas-y cards I've seen this year. Congratulations on being chosen Featured Stamper! It's quite an honor. I want you to know I've shed a tear for your family's loss of Willow. You know how I feel about my own precious dogs, so this has hit close to home. Willow was forever grateful for being taken in by your family and she returned the love in kind. I hope Jennifer is doing okay. What a wonderful picture.

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful friendship of Jennifer and Willow...sorry to hear that you and Jennifer loss Willow...

# Congratulation to you for being a favorite stamper....

dellgirl said...

Hey Nancy. I’m back, just saying hi, stopping in to show my face. I hope you had a great week. Enjoy your weekend!

Wishing you all the best!

mamawcindy said...

So happy for you to be chosen stamper of the week. I didn't know they did that. So sorry to hear about Willow. Sounds like a wonderful dog. Hope Jennifer is OK.