Friday, July 15, 2016

Flower Shop Birthday Card

As you know, I have been working on making some birthday cards.  The next card I made was using one of my favorite stamp sets - SU Flower Shop.  I had not used this one individual stamp and saw this card and decided to CASE it with a few minor changes.


Recipe :

Stamps - Flower Shop, Cute & Curly
Ink - Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Paper - Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White
Embellishments - Ribbon, Pearls
Accessories - Cute & Curly punch, Dimensionals

I made my base card in Daffodil Delight CS.  Using the different colors, I stamped on the Whisper White layer.  I colored my ribbon and adhered it on the layer and popped up my greeting with dimensionals.  This is an old stamp set with matching punch that I have used so many times.  One of the greetings just says "Thank You" in the corner and when punched out it makes a great tag!  I used some pearls for the center of some of the flowers.


I decided to decorate the inside of the card with some some of the stamped flowers.  I used my go to birthday stamp that I found at Michael's years ago in the $1 bin.  I also stamped the envelopes.


I really liked how the cards turned out.  Something a little different than I usually make.  Its been pretty hot here lately with lots of storms.  We even had a small tornado a few towns over which is rare for us.  We have a pretty busy weekend planned.  My daughter turns 50 and we are celebrating.  Boy - where did that time go!  Hope you have a wonderful whatever your plans are.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Very summery and pretty! Nicely done. I like this particular stamp from the set. Love the colors you used. Enjoy your busy weekend!