Sunday, March 20, 2016

Easter Chick Muslin Cotton Bag

I thought I would do a quick post today as this week is going to be pretty busy!  Jennifer was up yesterday and all the kids dyed eggs - what fun!  I have to admit she was pretty good at it!  I had hard boiled 3 dozen eggs and these kid went through them fast.  She's at the stage where she loves carrying her little pocket book with her and loves to put her special treasures inside.  I made her this cute little cotton bag to put some of her treasures in.


I had done this before for Rachel and Sarah for Halloween - here is the post - but this time I didn't use a stencil.  I stamped my little chick from Honeycomb Happiness in stazon.  Then I put a sheet or CS in the bag to protect it from bleeding through and used my watercolor pen with Crushed Curry.  Be careful not to use too much water, just enough to blend.  I used my Stampin marker Pumpkin Pie for the beak and black for the feet.  I loved how it turned out and so did Jennifer.

She wanted to take goodies to her little friends at daycare so I finished up these goodie bags for her.


As I mentioned before no food is allowed, so for each bag I put some Play Doh, bubbles, little stampers and some jumping frogs!  I figured that would keep them busy for awhile!  I used an old rabbit stamp I have had for years and colored in the nose and ears with Pretty and Pink!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

2 comments:

PJ said...

Super cute projects. It sounds like you have a lot of fun. That little bag is so cute. You did a wonderful job ☺

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, the chick bag is so cute! And what a great idea for the goodie bags. I was wondering what you were going to put inside, as I figured they couldn't have treats. They'll love these even better!