Monday, September 3, 2012

Emboss Resist Technique

I  have been wanting to do this technique for awhile.  There are alot of videos out there detailing the "how to".  I love the Hello Doily stamp from SU and decided to use that for my main image on my card.  First, I used my SU white craft ink and then heat embossed the image with SU clear embossing powder.  Make sure you let it cool completely.  Then I used my dauber with Melon Mambo ink and starting in the center rubbed lightly over the image.  I continued using a swirling motion until I was happy with the result.  I continued inking lightly and covered the rest of the card so it all blended together.  I also edged my card as well to give it more definition.  Then take a tissue and rub off any ink that is sticking to the embossed area.  I was really pleased with the results!

To finish decorating the card, I used the Tea Shoppe stamp set from SU.  Yes, after I stamped it, I cut it out!  I have to admit it wasn't that hard to do! I'm not a big fan of cutting out images!  I added some pearl emblishments to the cup and then the sentiment.  You could use this card for any occasion.  Usually I wait to put on a sentiment but I  needed some thank you cards for my stash.  Another one I made is done in Rich Razzeleberry ink from SU.  I would definitely suggest that you try this technique.  I think you'll be really happy with the results.





Rachel and Sarah have finished their first week of school and are getting settled back into a routine and all the activites that go along with it.  My house it definitely very quiet!  Inbetween visits, we are doing webcasts which is alot of fun!  I'm glad I traded in my 12 year old Gateway for a new laptop!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel and Sarah

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Saw your card posted at Split coast...Had to come and get a better look. So very nicely done! Thank you for sharing.

Denise said...

Nancy, Very pretty card. Great job on the emboss resist!