Sunday, March 24, 2024

Birthday Card for Sarah

 I have been thinking for awhile about getting into foiling but had been putting it off until Gina K designed her own foiling machine called the Fuse.  She made it so tempting with all the extra goodies that came along with it and of course the first offering the machine was PURPLE!!  I couldn't resist anymore, so out came the gift cards I had received for Christmas.


I started playing around with it yesterday and came up with this card for Sarah's birthday.  The base card is white with a layer of SU's Raspberry bliss.  The main focal layer is what they call a Poly-Glaze sheet.  I received so many different ones plus foils in the package, so I decided to use this one for her birthday card.  One thing I like about foiling is after you foil one of these sheets you can use the negative sheet on a piece of toner paper and foil for a second run.  For this card, I decided to use the first foil because you couldn't see the sentiment that well on the negative piece with everything colored.  I could have also colored/blended  the design but decided not to because of the same reason.  It is hard to tell on the picture, but there is a beautiful sparkling shine from the foil I used.  The Happy Birthday is a die from SU.


The inside sentiment is from the SU stamp set Happy Birthday Gorgeous.  There are so many different things one can do with this system.  I am working on some Easter cards so we will see how it goes.

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I can actually see the shine a bit, but I know it's much more in real life. Crafty gems are the best in my book and these make a perfect birthday card! I imagine you're going to have plenty of fun with your foiling. I haven't tried it yet. There's only so much space in my room, sigh.

Denise said...

Great idea for Sarah's birthday card! The foiled gems are fun too. I haven't played with them yet but now I'm inspired.








Tanza Erlambang said...

perfect birthday card....
Happy Birthday to Sarah

dellgirl said...

Your card is beautiful, as usual. I wish you well with your new idea. I know it will be gorgeous! Happy crafting, Nancy!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a lovely comment. I really appreciate that.

bread&salt said...

Beautiful Birthdaycard. Looks great. Happy April month to your family and you dear friend. Greetings.

Happy Retiree's Kitchen said...

I'm so pleased I found your beautiful and very creative blog. I'll be visiting it regularly, and you might enjoy mine too. All the best, Pauline