Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

This post is all about having fun with goodies for St. Patrick's Day!  Jennifer wanted me to make something for her to take to her classmates for the holiday.  In the past, we made these really cute - St. Patrick's Day pencils - but it is hard to come up with something that doesn't include any food.  While searching Pinterest, I came across this cute printable - www.missiontosave.com.  They showed it with a rollo attached at the end of the rainbow.  Since no food is allowed, I got some cute plastic coins to attach instead.


I just copied them onto some white CS to make them sturdy and then cut them out.


The coins came in gold and green and we used some glue dots to adhere them.


I was in charge of cutting and Jennifer was in charge of the glue dots.


All she has to do is print her name in the back of them and take them to school on Friday.  We had our St. Patrick's Day gathering this past weekend so everyone could be together.  Jennifer and my daughter came up early so we could decorate the cake I had made.  I think she is going to be a chef as she loves to cook.


She was in charge of the icing and sprinkles and did a great job!  This was a quick and easy cake to make for the holiday.  The surprise is when you cut into the cake it is green!


Here is the recipe for the cake:

1 box of white cake
1 box 3.4 Pistachio instant pudding
1cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray bundt pan
Mix cake mix and pudding together
Stir in rest of ingredients until smooth

Cook for 40 minutes or until done

Allow to completely cool and invert and icing.

I usually make my own icing, but since I was short on time I used a can of white frosting.  I microwaved it for 15 second intervals until it was smooth enough to drizzle on the cake which Jennifer did a great job and then added her sprinkles.

It was yummy!

After our dinner of corn beef, cabbage, etc. Jennifer helped me dip pretzels in my melting pot and decorate them for the Wellness center.  We packed them up in individual plastic bags.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the basket filled with the goodies.  Here is a picture of a few that we didn't eat.


Needles to say, no one went home hungry.  We hope everyone is having a good week and that you have a great St. Patrick's Day.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy







4 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Those are so cute for her class and that cake looks so yummy. I like to bake. I try to make something yummy every time my grand kids spend the night. Tomorrow Is national pie day. So making my grandsons favorite peanut butter pie.
What a wonderful friend you have to give you an Explore. I had my explore sitting In the box for two whole years. Decided to set it up last week. Starting to get more used to It. Can't believe I waited so long. Let me know when you start using yours.

Leslie Miller said...

Your little treasures for Jennifer are perfect party favors. Just a little something fun to hand out. It would be so hard to always come up with something other than food, but I know how it is at schools these days. I have to say that cake looks delicious and I can tell by the recipe how yummy and moist it must be. I like the idea of heating the canned frosting for icing. Gee, I've never thought of that. I love to try new recipes. Currently I'm avoiding sweets and overly rich foods as I have a few winter pounds to lose, but I'll splurge occasionally after a while. Fun post today!

Tanza Erlambang said...

pretty card and cake looks so yummy.
have a great day

Zaa said...

Sprinkles and icing is the best part ... Jennifer is such a little cutie ... and how exciting to take share the handmade cards at school ... (simple and sweet) I never thought of heating the icing...Good Idea... Thanks for the green recipe ...It made me smile....HUGS