Sunday, March 5, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Card

Well, I finally got back to finishing some cards that I had started.  Jennifer came up yesterday, and we were too busy having a tea party to make cards - so today was the day!  I saw this card on Pinterest and changed it up a bit.


I used SU's Old Olive CS and the matching DSP I had left along with Whisper White.  My first layer was 3 3/4" x 5" and the second layer was 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I used my dot embossing folder and then punched out hearts with my punch.  I cut out my own stem and used some buttons and twine for the center of the shamrock.


My sentiment came from SU's Teeney Tiny Wishes.  That set was definitely worth the money.  I have used it over and over again!


My inside sentiment is an Inkadinkado stamp that I have had for years.  I bring it out every St. Patrick's Day to use.  I love the saying!  I have some more cards that are laying on my desk to finish.  Hopefully, I'll get them done before the 17th!!  I'm also looking for something for Jennifer to take to daycare for her friends.  It is a challenge - no food!




Believe it or not we had snow here along with nasty winds on Friday.  It is still so old that the ground its still covered.  I have hope though.  My daughter and Jennifer went to Tractor Supply this AM to get some bird seed and the ducks and chicks have arrived!!  That means Spring has to be on its way!



Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Those hearts make the cutest shamrocks! I always intend to do that, but by the time St. Patrick's Day comes around I'm onto something else. I really love the inside sentiment. Don't those ducklings look warm and cozy? Yesterday it hailed almost non-stop here. Very dark all day. We even had a little snow. I keep looking for spring...

PJ said...

The perfect St. Patty's day card. Love the saying on the inside too. You always make the cutest cards. How sweet you had tea With Jennifer. Love the picture of the ducks and chicks.. adorable. Oh boy daycare makes it a bit difficult when you can't send a long crafty snack/food items.. perhaps little charm bracelets for St. Patrick's day.. or maybe little clover seedlings to grow? It's challenge but I know you'll do something amazing. Have a great week my friend. I hope you're feeling well.