Saturday, November 12, 2016

Birthday Card

Well, today is moving day for my daughter, Rachel and Sarah.  Lots of mixed emotions on this day.  I will miss their comings and goings, but it will be nice to have the place to ourselves again plus my stamp room back!!  The movers just left for their new house, so I decided to post this cute birthday card I made for a special friend.  She loves anything to do with ice cream, so I thought this card would be perfect.


Recipe:

Stamps - Honeycomb Happiness, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink - Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Paper - Crumb Cake, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Accessories - SU Aqua Painter
Embellishments - Enamel Shapes

After I cut my layers, I used my Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp on the Whisper White CS using both of my colors, stamping off once.  Then I stamped my ice cream cone out and colored it in using my aqua painter.  I cut it out and placed in on the center of my card using a thick dimensional so it would stand out.  I stamped my sentiment near the bottom and placed my little hearts.  I love these shapes.


Then I adhered it to my layers and stamped my sentiment on the inside.  I really liked how it turned out.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah


3 comments:

Denise said...

Yes!! Your friend really liked the card you made for her.

Leslie Miller said...

Love those splatters! That's a very useful stamp and it looks great with your ice cream cone. Almost like melted ice cream! I understand your mixed emotions. It's almost like when our son moved out on his own many years ago and left us empty nesters. That was a long time ago.

PJ said...

This card is super sweet looking. I like the simplicity of it, but has such a pop of color. Hope you have your stamp room all settled in.