Saturday, June 11, 2016

Father's Day Treat Box

Well, this week went fast!  The girls are out of school and I thought things would slow down, but NO!!  The carnival is in town, the pool is open and everyone wants to go everywhere and it is very HOT!!!  I was going to post this AM but then my daughter and Jennifer stopped by for a visit, so of course everything stops and then Sarah started throwing up so it was one of those days!  As promised, here is the Treat Box that I made to go with the Father's Day card I posted last week.


I saw this adorable VIDEO on Stamping to Share using my favorite SU stamp set Bear Hugs!  I am so glad I purchased this set.  I have used it so much for many different occasions.  I didn't have the Baker's Box Thinlet she used but remember the VIDEO Pootles Papercraft did making a milk carton.  So, I put the two together and put my own twist on it and I loved how it turned out!


Since it was a larger box, I used the larger bear stamping it in Early Espresso.  For my grunge colors, I used Early Espresso and Soft Sky.  I had some ribbon in my drawer that matched my fish, so I decorated the box with that.


I thought the fish was so cute on the clothespin.  For the sentiment, I used the Tea Shoppe set and the matching punch.


Here is the card and the box together.  I filled the box with some Swedish Fish, and we are ready to bag them up for Father's Day. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I remember making those milk cartons many times! How CUTE this is with the card! Love the bear and, yes, the fish is a great accent, especially with the gummy fishes. Too, too much fun!

PJ said...

This is super cute. I love it. I have that stamp set on my wish list, and gosh I'm going to have to move it to the top after seeing your treat box. By the way.. I thought is so sweet that I posted just underneath your post on My Pink stamper. Hope you have a great day and that things are slowing down a bit, also that Sarah is feeling better.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

Thanks for your thoughts - yes, Sarah is much better! I checked my comment and yes that's me!!

PJ said...

So happy to hear Sarah is doing better.☺ I really enjoy the Pink Stamper Lady. She's so amazing. I was able to take one of her classes, after begging my hubby to give it a try he said yes, and I must say it was amazing. I enjoy following her blog and videos and such. I hope someday we both win no her weekly give-a-ways.. that would be wonderful. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. ♥