Sunday, February 28, 2016

Party Pop-up Birthday Card

We hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  We are enjoying 60 degree weather here which is fine with me!  This weekend we celebrated my son-in-laws birthday.  Jennifer and her Mom made a great cake for all to enjoy and we had a great time.  She was riding her Hello Kitty car and racing me in my scooter - such fun!

I decided to try out my new thinlets I had just ordered from SU.  I was so excited to see these in the catalog and ordered them right away!  I have seen so many different ways to use them all over Pinterest, but this was my first try!


Recipe:

Stamps - SU Party with Cake
Paper - Whisper Black, Black, DSP Its My Party
Ink - Melon Mambo, Basic Black, SU Markers
Accessories - Party Pop-up Thinlets Dies, Banner Triple Punch, Banner Punch
Embellishments - Twine

This card was pretty easy to make.  I made a A2 size card in Black and layered it with my DSP paper - 5 1/4" x 4".  I punched out a 2" banner and stamped it with my sentiment.  Then I layered my smaller sentiment on it using the small banner punch and tied two different twines together in a bow and adhered it on with a glue dot.


For the inside, I cut my Whisper White paper at 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".  I colored in the pop-up and then adhered it to the inside of the card.  I was so excited how it turned out and my son-in-law loved it!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah




2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! So cool! Dies R Us has some sets that do this sort of thing and I've been thinking about trying one. I think most of them are Elizabeth Craft. Your card turned out great! Bet you'll make more. Have fun!

PJ said...

Great card. I love the festive colors it's like a splash of celebration just looking at this delightful card. Great JOB>☺