Thursday, April 18, 2019

Easter Lamb Cards and Place setting eggs

Oh my, what a day!!  We thought we would miss the rush and finish up shopping for Easter early this morning, but I guess everyone else had that thought as well.  The stores were packed and of course none of them had enough cashiers.  Aisles were closed and people were not happy.  We finally found our way home and I hope not to have to go out until after Easter.  We are suppose to have miserable rain and winds starting tonight into tomorrow so I guess that is why everyone decided to get up early.  I wanted to post a few things as I'm sure things are going to get hectic around here.  We are going to dye eggs tomorrow so I just finished hard boiling them.  It is amazing how quick they get colored and there is never enough to go around.  So this year, I did a lot more.  We'll see how that goes.

I always go back to one of my favorite stamp sets from SU - Easter Lamb.  Joe actually raised lambs when he was a kid for 4H, so he has a soft spot for them which he passed on to our girls, so I always try to make them an Easter card with a lamb on it.  This stamp set is so simple but you can do so many things with it.  I made this card in 2017 - Easter Lamb - and this card in 2016 - Easter LambThis is the card I made for them this year.


I used one of my favorite CS - Sweet Sugarplum - for my base card and my layer was Falling in Love DSP.  I tied some of the matching ribbon around the layer and popped up the sentiment with some dimensionals.  I stamped my lamb on Very Vanilla CS - 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" and mounted it on Sweet Sugarplum CS - 2 3/4" x 3".  I used Gina K's Amalgam black ink and I really liked it. 


I just used my markers to color the lamb's ears, nose and grass.


For my inside sentiment, I used my $1 stamp from Michael's and decided to use my small butterfly punch to decorate it so to match the DSP and added some metallic pearls.

Last night my daughter got out of work early and came up to help me with the rest of the goodies for the Wellness Center.  I saw these cute little bunnies made out of punches on Pinterest and decided to make up a tray for her to take.  What I thought would be easy turned out to be going to 5 different stores to find the Dove Chocolate Coconut Eggs! 


The body is made with the large oval punch and the ears with the small oval punch.  I used a large glue dot to glue the candy egg on the large oval punch and then some tombw glue to adhere the small cotton tail.


I think they turned out so cute!  When looking for the eggs, I found some with peanut butter in them, so of course I had to get them.  I saved some and plan to put them on my Easter table for each place setting.  I'm almost finished making my cards for the girls - just under the wire! 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy






3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that lamb really is darling and you've made good use of it over the years. All your cards are so cute! And those bunny eggs! Absolutely adorable! Gosh, I never thought of Easter as being such a crazy shopping time. It's always a little busy at the grocery store when people are buying the last minute perishables. However, I could probably go looking for Easter candy right now and it would be mostly sold out. I'd be too exhausted to do anything else after all that running around!

Denise said...

Those little bunny bottoms are sooo cute. Great idea and adorable too.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Image of lamb looks so cute...
Happy Easter to you and yours