Thursday, April 4, 2019

Bunny Easter Card

We have been so busy around lately, that I haven't had much craft time.  I guess I'm going to have to put it in high gear to get the things accomplished that I want for Easter.  It was so windy here today that we stayed inside most of the day and I finally got back to my craft room to start making some Easter cards.  I fell in love with the new bunny punch that SU put out with the matching Best Bunny stamp set.  Somewhere I saw this great idea for using this punch (or any with various punch outs) and it worked out so great!  The first thing you do is make a template with the punch.   Then I laid the stamps on the punch out.  Once they were all in place, I took a block and pressed down over them and viola!  Then you just stamp out how many you want and they are in perfect alignment to be punched.  I then put the template in the stamp set case for future use.


I used Whisper White CS for my base card, as well a my layer which was 3 3/4" x 5".  I then punched out my little bunnies in Whisper White and the bunny's body in Gala Gingham DSP and colored them in with my markers.  I adhered them together with my glue.


For my circles, I punched 1 with the 1 1/2" circle punch, 1 with the 1 1/4" circle punch, 2 with the 1" circle punch and 5 with the 1/2" circle punch.


I stamped my sentiment with Memento Black ink and glued my circles on first. 


Then I popped up my bunnies with dimensionals.  While watching one of Jennifer McGuire's videos, she used craft foam to pop up her entire layer, so I thought I would try it out.  I loved how it turned out. 


For my inside sentiment, I used one of my old favorites from Michel's $1 bin that I had for years.  I recently went to Michael's looking for something and their $1 bin is now $2.  I guess that's a sign of the times!  I also decided to add some circles with left over scraps.



Instead of hoarding the rest of the scraps, I decided to cover the flaps with the DSP.  I love this paper.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy









3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh! Way too adorable!! First of all, your cards are the most darling things. Love the gingham all over -- the circles, the bunny tummies, inside, and on the envelope flap. So cute! Second, the idea for positioning the stamps and punch is so simple, yet I've sure never thought of it. I no longer have any matching stamps and punches, but I have in the past and it was a pain to line up those that punch multiple. Sheesh, I'd probably still have them if I'd seen this before! Genius! Third, it's been busy here, too, and I think stamping will have to take a back seat for a while. Got the Easter cards mailed and now I have to take care of other business. You never know, though... stamping might happen.

Zaa said...

CUTE CUTE ... I do enjoy Easter cards ... and secretly ' I love bunnies( ha ha) Your gingham bunnies are so adorable ... Your post are always such fun !!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

3 bunnies look so cutes....
have a great day