Monday, March 25, 2019

Sarah's Birthday Card

Well, today our Sarah turns 17 years old!  Where has the time gone?  I don't get to see her as much as when they lived with us, but so enjoy our visits when we get them.  I saw this cute card on Pinterest and decided to CASE it.  It uses SU's Pretty Kitty stamp set.  For my base card, I used Lemon Lime Twist CS and Wildflower Field DSP.


The measurements for the frame were Rich Razzleberry - 3 1/4" x 2 1/2", Lemon Lime Twist - 3 " x 2 1/4" and Whisper White - 2 x 2 3/4".  I used some ribbon I had on hand to cover where the two papers meet and tied a knot. 


I used my markers to color in the little Kitty and then popped it up with dimensionals.  I always make two cards of each design.  This one I used Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for my sentiment and used my oval punches with a little enamel heart.


For my inside, I added some extra DSP and the sentiment is from Pretty Kitty.   The second card I decided to use another sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


I left the inside blank so I can write something in it.


The weather is getting warmer, so I hope to see some of my flowers popping up soon.  For me this has been a long winter and will be happy to shed the winter coats, etc.  Jennifer was up visiting yesterday and helped me with my Easter decorations.  I love this time of year.  Have a great week!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Sarah …
such a beautiful card.
Have a nice spring

Leslie Miller said...

I remember when she turned sweet 16 and a few birthdays before that! Time sure does fly and kids grow up so fast. Almost an adult! Darling cards with the sweet kitty. I love the leafy paper and the color combo. SU has some really good sentiments. Happy birthday to Sarah!

mamawcindy said...

Your card is so sweet. My grand daughter would love this card. She loves animals but cats are her favorite. Yes they do grow up fast. Happy Birthday to Sarah!!!

Mary said...

You are so creative and clever! This card is delightful. I have enjoyed reading several of your recent posts and seeing your beautiful designs.