Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Congratulations Cards

I hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating St. Patrick's Day!  It's hard to believe that we are already into Tuesday of a new week.  Over the weekend, I had Joe bring down from the attic all my Easter goodies.  Instead of putting them out, I decided to play in my craft room and make some congratulations cards that I needed.  I decided to put some ink on the SU stamp Amazing Congratulations.  It is a 2 step stamp set which gives you the look of multi colored.  This is the first time I tried this, and I think I would have had better luck if I had reinked my inks before starting this project.  I used my stamparatus for this which helped a great deal and I was happy with the end result.


For my base card, I used Whisper White CS with Crushed Curry for my first layer and my next layer from It's My Party DSP.    For my inks, I used Momento Black, Melon Mambo, and Daffodil Delight.


I stamped my sentiment on a piece of Whisper White 2"x 4 7/8" and mounted it on a piece of Melon Mambo 2 1/4" x 5 1/8".  I added some stars and hearts to dress it up a bit.


I had some left over DSP, so I added that to my inside CS which I left blank so I can write on it.  I even decided to decorate the envelop flap.


I am going to hand deliver this to my Granddaughter Sarah for an excellent report card, so I didn't worry about sending it through the mail.  The weather is warming up here and the yard is full of robins looking for some worms!!  Spring has sprung - hopefully!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I love the look of the two step sentiment! I've never seen this before, but what a great idea for a stamp. Your results look good to me! Love the sentiment and paper.

mamawcindy said...

Great card, I don't remember this stamp set. You did a great job. A stamp positioner Is nice Isn't It?
Hope you have a great week!!!

Tanza Erlambang said...

such a beautiful stamp
have a great day