Thursday, March 7, 2019

St. Patrick's Day Card

Well, we had another 9" of snow.  Very cold, windy and miserable here.  Joe has been doing a lot of plowing this winter.  I have not ventured out and am enjoying some time in my craft room.  My shamrock die was among the missing, so I tore apart some drawers and eventually found it.  Better late than never.  Now my swiss polka embossing folder is among the missing!  Haven't found it yet.  I hope I'm not the only one that this happens to.  I saw this really cute card on Splitcoast Stampers and decided to make it.  A few months ago, I won a gift certificate to Lawn Fawn stamps and picked up this cute stamp set called Bugs and Kisses (LF789).  For a few extra dollars, I also got the matching dies.  This card needed a jar and I remember that this stamp set had one!!


For my base card, I used SU's Old Olive and my first layer was in Very Vanilla.  I still had some DSP left over and made my layer in Old Olive 5" x 2 1/4" and the DSP cut 2" x 4 3/4".  I die cut my jar and glued it on the DSP.


I stamped a bunch of little shamrocks flowing out of the jar using my peg stamp from Judith.  When I was looking for my shamrock die, I decided to take all my peg stamps out of the drawer and put them in a basket so I can see what exactly I have on hand.  I have found that if I don't see it, I don't use it.  I truthfully forgot I had this one.  I love how it looks.  My sentiment stamp is an old SU stamp that my daughter found at a garage sale for 25 cents.  That was another item that I found hiding.  I punched it out in Very Vanilla and mounted it in Old Olive.


For my inside sentiment, I used my favorite poem stamp again.  I finished up some goodies for Jennifer to take to school and she is coming up this weekend to help me with the Wellness Center's goodies.  It is supposed to warm up thank goodness.  Hope everyone is keeping warm.  Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Things do go missing and, yes, if I cant see it I'm less likely to use it. I never forget about my stamps, but certain accessories and dies fall by the wayside. Really cute design on these cards! I love the sentiment on the front and the verse on the inside.

Zaa said...

OMG ..YES..It's almost St.Patricks Day and my husband's birthday in the 17th...Sweet cards ....Thanks for the reminder...Have a super week...Hugs

Tanza Erlambang said...

pretty designs....lovely cards
Have a wonderful day