Sunday, March 3, 2019

St. Patrick's Day Card

Well, we are preparing for another winter storm that is scheduled to arrive this afternoon and continue into early Monday AM dropping 6-9 inches of snow.  UGH!!  We always get that big storm in March.  I have been MIA, as I had surgery last Friday.  I didn't think I would be as tired as I was, but all the tests came back great so maybe that gave me the boost I needed to get back in the craft room yesterday.  The holiday will be here before I know it, so I made another card to send out.  I saw this cutie on Pinterest while I was resting and decided to make some. 


It's a pretty simple card and comes together quick and easy.  I used Old Olive - one of my favorite colors - for the base card and the layer was Whisper White.  To make my shamrock, I used my heart punch and some DSP in my scrap pile.  I just popped the large hearts up with some dimensionals and used some glue dots for the smaller ones.


For my ribbon, I used SU's Mistletoe ribbon.  I love that ribbon with the edges in white.  I used SU's Tiny Wishes stamp set for my sentiment along with the medium oval punches. 


Again for the inside sentiment, I used my poem from Inkadinkado.  I like how the shamrock stands out with the little hearts trailing behind.  I wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  I thought I would show some of the beautiful cards I received.


This card is from my friend Denise - Doggone Stamping with D - in Virginia. 




These cards are from my friend PJ - PJs Projects -  in Wisconsin.  She also sent me some adorable calendars .  She has a great Esty shop as well.



These cards are from my friend Martha in Florida.


And this card is from Jennifer and her Mom.  I just love the quilling of the cardinal.  I love quilling and used to do it a lot.  I would like to do it again.  Not enough time in the day anymore though.

Thanks also for the many wishes and prayers that I received.  It meant so much to me. 

Well, I'm back to the craft room to make some goodies for Jennifer to take to her classmates and for my daughter to take to the Wellness Center.  We'll see how much I get done.  Have a great week.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I know you mentioned you were having surgery and I hope it was nothing serious. It sounds like all is well. You're right back in business with these two St. Pat's cards! Adorable polka dot shamrocks with the heart stems. What a cute idea! Wishing you a comfortable and quick recovery.

Mary said...

I am delighted to have found your fun blog, Nanny (via your comment on Zaa's blog). Your St Patrick's Day cards are irresistible! Thank you for posting all the wonderful cards from your friends, too. We always called my mother's mom Nanny because her mother-in-law was still alive and claimed the Grandma title. So, of course, I couldn't resist checking you out-even though I'm the grandmother now (and ended up being called Mimi). Good to hear you are back to creative pursuits as you recover; may it all continue to go well.

Tanza Erlambang said...

the last image so colorful...bird and green thing