Friday, April 26, 2019

Dandelion Wishes Card

I loved this stamp set when it came out!  It brought back so many memories when I was a kid - blowing the dandelions and making wishes!!  In retrospect, I'm sure my Dad didn't appreciate that in on his lawn.  There are  a lot of examples on Pinterest, but I fell in love with this card that Brenda made on her blog - VIDEOI loved the technique she used to highlight the dandelions.


I also love Lemon Lime Twist CS which I used for my base card.  I'm so sorry this color is retiring.  This was one of the best greens SU has had.  I covered the front panel with some Brights DSP I had in my stash.  My green layer - 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" came from my Botanicals Gardens pack and the blue layer - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" came from my Share What You Love DSP.  I used Old Olive ink for my dandelion.  I then used my Whisper White craft ink and a dauber to highlight my dandelions.  I let then dry for awhile and then did it a second time.  I love how the craft ink shows up


 I made my own colored ribbon by using a dauber and Lemon Lime Twist ink.   My sentiment was on Whisper White - 3" x 3/4".  I just love this sentiment.  I then added some pearls to the centers of the dandelions.  You could use this card for so many occasions. 


I tried multiple times to take this picture.  I don't why it turned out so fuzzy.  I used one of the stamps from the set of the little "puffs" flying in the air for my inside. 


I also decided to use one of the other stamps and stamp the back of the envelopes.  I think it turned out so cute.  Our Spring weather has turned to rain, clouds and thunderstorms.  But at least it is not snow!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




5 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

fantastic cards....I love all cards
Have a wonderful spring.

# I follow you, I'll greatly appreciate if you follow me as well

Leslie Miller said...

I do like this method for highlighting the dandelions. You can emboss in white, but this gives such a nice glow. I would have loved this green, also, but haven't bought any colored card stock in so long because I have it coming out my ears. It's pretty how you did the inside and the envelope, too.

Denise said...

Love the way the dandelions turned out. Really pretty.

Zaa said...

I love this card... Dandelions are one of my childhood fetishes... and collect a lot of dandelion crafts and cards... Is this a ‘ stamping’ up stamp... It so delicate ...I’d love to buy one.... The pearls in the centre of the blossom is perfect.... I too love that lime green paper. You did a super job of coordinating all the sweet elements together.... and the embossing does give it a magical glow... This is such a pretty card... Now I can’t wait for the dandelions to appear... most people hate them but I find them quite charming...( ha ha)...Thanks for all the dandelion inspiration, my Friend... Please do have a wonderful week...Hugs

mamawcindy said...

Oh I love your card. This Is one of those stamp sets that I really wanted and never did. Really love It. Thanks for sharing your pretty card.
cindys-greencricut