Monday, April 27, 2020

Red Rose Birthday Card

Over the weekend, I finished up a birthday card for my daughter.  She loves red roses so I used my Heartfelt Collection Classic Roses to make her some flowers.  It was the first time I made these flowers and I really liked how they turned out.


I used SU's Real Red CS for my layer and Real Red ink for the flowers and Old Olive ink for the leaves.  The die is Eyelet Oval from Heartfelt Creations as well.  For my sentiment, I used Simon Says Label Die.


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.  Beside my daughter's birthday coming up she and Jennifer had a big weekend.  They have been missing Willow so much that they decided to get another dog.  They got a King Charles Cavalier puppy.  Jennifer decided to name her Daisy.  Jeannie took Willow in when her owner passed away as no one wanted her,  so she was full-grown when Jennifer was born.  This will be Jennifer's first puppy.  Needless to say, the house isn't quiet anymore.


We can hardly wait to meet her in person.  She looks so cute!  Jennifer is so in love already.  I have to say she is a pretty smart dog.  When she gets tired she goes right into her crate.  She woke up only once last night and went back to sleep.  Hopefully that will last!


With both of them home I'm sure they will have lots of fun!  I can hardly wait and see what little Joey thinks of her!  That should be interesting! Another nice surprise was that the pansy card that I made Rachel was chosen a favorite of the week.  I thought that was so nice!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

This card was submitted to CardzTV Anything Goes Challenge #113.


5 comments:

dellgirl said...

Oh WOW this card turned out beautifully. It’s awesome! You are very talented and you do an amazing job on all your projects. I love this card! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Wishing you a great week!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is soooo gorgeous! You did an amazing job on the flowers, and I love the die. The red is gorgeous, too. You know my heart is taken by little Daisy and Jennifer. They'll be a great team and I think this is a good time to bring a puppy into the home.

TLady said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Nancy!!!! You used my favorite colors too--SU's Real Red & Old Olive! Your roses DID come out WONDERFULLY!!!! I'm SURE your daughter LOVED IT!!! Their new little puppy looks ADORABLE AS WELL!!!! And I like the name they chose! I named my kittie, Daisy! ;) (That way I remember what month she was born! LOL) AND BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!!! ;)<3

mamawcindy said...

Hello Nancy, Hope your doing good. Your card is Gorgeous. Love it so much. The real red is so pretty. The flowers are beautiful. Wonderful job. She is going to love it and the puppy is absolutely adorable. Stay safe!
cindys-greencricut

Tanza Erlambang said...

combination of the flowers and Old Olive look amazing....
Yes, puppy is so cute.....
love both card and puppy.