Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mother's Day Cards

I finally got into my craft room this weekend and finished some cards I had started making for Mother's Day.  Hard to belive that it is this Sunday.  Besides loving pansies my next love is teapots!  I have so many teapots in my collection from my Grandmothers, my Mom and ones I have collected over the years.  One of the first gift Joe ever gave me was an adorable teapot.  No one loves a good tea party more than me.  When Rachel and Sarah were younger we used to have tea parties all the time.  We even had a back to school tea party where we used to get all dressed up and they would choose one of my old hats that I used to wear when I was younger.   Now Jennifer and I have regular tea parties as well.  Yes, I even gave each Granddaugher a special tea set for their very own.   So naturally, when Heartfelt Creations came out with a Tea Time Collection I had to get it.  I decided to make some Mother's Day cards with it.


Here are two of the cards that I made with the DSP from that collection.  The base card is a 6" x 6" with a top fold on white.  I then layer some DSP over it.  For the next layer, I cut a piece of DSP in half and distressed the edges.  I only used half of the Heart of Joy die from HF and the Eyelet Small Circle die from HF I adhered on it.  I used SU's Highland Heather ink for this project.


The tag die is also from HF.  I just love their stamps and dies.  I die cut all the rest of the pieces from the DSP and used dimensionals to pop the, up.  I also added some glitter as well.


My inside was another piece of DSP and the sentiment is an Inkadinkadoo stamp.  I really liked how they turned out.  Now, I have to finish making the rest of the cards for my girls.  We always go out for a nice Mother's Day lunch but I guess not this year. 


Just a quick update on Daisy.  She is definitely enjoying her new bed!  She is just an adorable puppy and is proving to be very smart!  Jennifer is using the clicker method and she already knows how to sit and stay.  They are having a lot of fun together.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy



6 comments:

Denise said...

Pretty pretty cards. Gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

I can't get over how beautifully you've taken to the Heartfelt products. These cards are simply scrumptious! After reading your story I can see that they couldn't be more perfect. I'm sure sorry you won't be able to have your regular tea party this year.

TLady said...

What a BEAUTIFUL CARD, Nancy! SUCH LOVELY IMAGES!!! AND I LOVE the colors you chose for your card too! I LOOOVE Tea Parties as much as you do! We used to have "Tea" every day. Don't so much anymore as I can't have caffeine now. It kind of puts a kink in having tea, even decaf has caffeine. :( But, I LOVE to collect tea things too, just like you! SUCH A BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!! AND BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! ;)<3

dellgirl said...

Oh Nancy, this card is so beautiful. It’s awesome! You are very talented and you do an amazing job on all your projects. I love this card! Thanks for sharing the beauty and the inspiration.

Wishing you a Happy Mother’s Day!

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, Daisy looks so cute and smart....lovely puppy

# Nice card and happy mother day.

mamawcindy said...

Gorgeous cards Nancy, Purple is my favorite. I love how you did and still do Tea parties. I have done some. Miss them. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
cindys-greencricut