Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day Tea Time Cards

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day!  I'm sure it was different than usual but hopefully you got to enjoy it with those you cherish.  The kids got some roasted chickens, salad and other sides and we spent a quiet but fun afternoon.  Daisy had his first car ride since she was picked up and was very good.  I decided to make some shaped cards using the Tea Time set from Heartfelt Creations.  I really loved how they turned out and my daughters did as well.


I used the die to make the shaped card and then stamped the tea pot out and colored and decorated it.  I also decided to make them shaker cards.  I love making shaker cards and using different goodies in the windows.  This set is so cute.  It even has a little die to cut out a teabag.  I used some twine to make the string.  I made each card in their favorite colors.  This first card was for Jeannie.  She loves lavender.  I had different slices of fruit that I used in the window.


The second card was for Margaret who loves red.  I used some red embellishments for her window.


Rachel asked me if I would make one for her boyfriend's Mom whose favorite color is pink.  I added some cute pearls and gemstones for her window.


They really loved them and I so enjoyed making them.  I got so many flowers for the outside.  I hope it finally warms up so we can finish our flower beds.  A lot of states are starting to open up but our county in PA is not one o them.  Hopefully soon.  Rachel is anxious to get back to work.  Jennifer in NJ will not be going back to school.  Her last day of home school is June 12.  I'm sure my daughter will be glad when that day comes.  They are saying that Sarah will have a graduation in August if all goes well.  I hope everyone has a great week.   Stay safe!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




4 comments:

TLady said...

Nancy, your Tea Pot Cards are GORGEOUS!!!VERY REGAL!!! You did SUCH A BEAUTIFUL JOB on them!!! ;) Here's an idea for you: When I read you made them "shaker cards," the thought came to me to have a "tea bag" floating around in the shaker area!!! Maybe, with some seed beads in tea color! OR a clear tea bag with those seed beads in it. Just an idea for you! I think your cards are FABULOUS!!! AND BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit! ;)<3

dellgirl said...

Oh Nancy, this card is beautiful. I love, love, love it! Thanks for sharing the beauty. Wishing you a great weekend!

Tanza Erlambang said...

creative idea to have tea pot designs for cards.
lavender is a great color for "brave women" in our tradition.

# Have a wonderful mother day with a lot of fun....

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, these are incredible! You couldn't ask for prettier Mother's Day cards. Love that you made them shakers. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. It was not much here as our son lives out of town, but my hubby ordered a nice dinner which he had to pick up and bring home.