Monday, May 18, 2020

Rainbow Turnaround Cards

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  We actually got some nice weather for a change.  When the rain kept me inside I was looking for a card to send to Jennifer, and I came across a video Jennifer McGuire did with what she called a turnaround Z-fold card.  I had never heard of it before.  We all love our rainbows, so of course it got my attention.  I purchased it from Concord and 9th.  I had so much fun putting it together and will definitely try another set.  While I was at it, I made three cards - 1 with the Miss You sentiment and 2 with the Hello sentiment which were included in the stamp set.


You can make these cards in either direction.  I chose horizontal.  I used primary colors, but you can dress them up in any color you want.


Here is the one with the Miss You sentiment on it.  I think it is so neat how you use different colors and turn the jig around.  You do the same thing with the sentiment.  I used my stamp positioner.


Here is one of the Hello cards.  I started out with a piece of CS which was 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Then I cut it down to size and put them on a layer on Basic Black and adhered them to the Z-fold card base.


Here is a picture of Jennifer with Daisy laying on top of her.   These two are getting inseparable.  They are having so much fun together!  We babysat the two of them the other day whie Jeannie was getting her car checked.  They were so good.  Daisy is going to be a pretty smart dog once she stops chewing my shoe laces!!  I was so excited.  My Mother's Day Tea Time Cards were chosen as a favorite of the week over at Splitcoast Stampers - #67.  Check it out.

I hope everyone is safe and sound.  Little by little the states are opening up.  Even the Jersey shore will be open for Memorial Day!  Yah!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Your rainbows are so cute and cheerful! You can't help but smile at a rainbow. Daisy and Jennifer make a darling pair! I'm so happy she's become part of the family.

dellgirl said...

Awww, these Rainbow Turnaround Cards are so unique. I love this fun post, it’s really nice, and the cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Wishing you a wonderful week, dear friend!

Denise said...

Your Rainbow Turnabout card is adorable.

Tanza Erlambang said...

pretty card ….and congratulation for "Mother's Day Tea Time Cards were chosen as a favorite of the week over at Splitcoast Stampers - #67."... Great job.

Yes, Jennifer and daisy look enjoy play together....wonderful friendship

mamawcindy said...

Super cute Cards. These would be perfect to send out to cheer up someone's day. Congratulations to you for your Mother's Day card being chosen for favorite of the week. That is Awesome! Happy day to you!
cindys-greencricut

Mary said...

These are fun, happy cards that will be sure to add some cheer to someone's day, Nanny. I am also very impressed with the detail and creativity of your teapot cards--they are amazing! We have a new puppy too--came home with us in January and is now six months old. Lexi is smart, fun, sometimes naughty, and certainly livens up our home.

TLady said...

Hi Nancy! LOVE your rainbow cards! I LOVE the Turn About Stamps from Condord too! They're SO ORIGINAL! I HAVE the Original one they did! Your granddaughter looks SO HAPPY with Daisy! I'm SURE they'll be THE BEST OF FRIENDS for YEARS to come! BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT! AND CONGRATS on your cards being chosen as a FAVORITE! ;)<3