Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Treat Box

I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.  I forgot to post this cute little box.  Jennifer's last day of school is June 12th, and I was thinking of something to give her.  I feel so bad for all the kids this year.  Everything has been turned around and nothing is normal.  For Jennifer, she had to get used to a new school and new friends after attending preschool where Mom works,  I think she had just started to feel comfortable with the new schedule, teachers and friends when the pandemic hit.  Being home schooled was definitely new to her and many other kids.  But I think they all did a great job.  I saw this cute little treat box over at - Debbie Henderson's blog - and it reminder me of the little boxes of Animal Crackers I used to buy the kids. 


I decided I wanted to put Jennifer's name on the box, so I used my small letter dies.  I had to squeeze the letters together due to the length of her name.  I'm going to put some goodies inside.  It came together so quick and easy.  I also ordered her some glitter pens.  She loves glitter and I thought these would be right up her alley. 

I really don't know where the month has gone.  A year ago we were at Virginia Beach.  It was one of the best vacations.  I'm glad we're not there now with all the tropical storms. We had fabulous weather when we were there - great memories!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


6 comments:

dellgirl said...

Oh Nancy, this is such a beautiful treat box! Jennifer is going to love, love, LOVE IT! I like the way you worked the colors together. Her name seems to be dancing merrily along. I LOVE it!!

Wishing you well, my friend. Stay Safe!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Yes, hope, we could back to normal live, and kids back to school soon.
Exciting treat box for Jennifer.

Denise said...

Nancy your treat box is adorable. PS, love the background paper behind the adorable letters!

Leslie Miller said...

You're very clever to arrange the letters like that to fit them on the box. It's so cute. Looks like a little school box. I know Jennifer will love her glitter pens and goodies. What kid wouldn't? Kids are so very social oriented and it's important for their development, so I feel badly for them being isolated. It's bad enough already that people seem to be turning more to virtual reality rather than actual reality, sigh.

mamawcindy said...

Super cute box Nancy. Looks like a great size. My grand daughter Loves pens to color with. this would be so cute to put some in for her. Maybe for her birthday. She has a long name to, Scarlett so I would have to do it like you did. My grand daughter is really missing school and her friends. My grandson loves not going to school but he plays with his friends when he plays on his x-box. I am worried thinking about them starting school again though. Hope your doing good. Take care!
cindys-greencricut

TLady said...

VERY SWEET!!! Yes, I remember the days of buying Animal Cookies like this little box too! I think your grand daughter is going to LOVE THIS!!! AND the glitter pens! ;) BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit & leaving such a SWEET SENTIMENT! ;)<3