Monday, June 8, 2020

Father's Day Card

I have been busy working on a project that I am making for my Daugher's 1st Anniversary that is coming up, and I realized that I haven't made any Father's Day cards.  So I took some time this weekend and started making some cards.  This first card is pretty simple but I like how it turned out.


I used Pacific Point for my base card and Daffodil Delight for my layer.  I used SU's Large Letter Framelits Die and cut out the letters and adhered the layer over the base card.  I then used SU's Celebrate You die on Brushing Silver CS to die cut the sentiment and added some stars.


For my inside, I used my old sentiment stamp from Michael's and some more stars.  I told you it was simple.   Sarah graduated last week unfortunately with no ceremony or prom.  The school did go around visiting everyone giving them a balloon and some goodies as well.  I really feel bad for all the kids.  They are thinking about doing something in the fall - we will have to wait and see.


Things are slowly starting to open up around here, but the lines are still pretty long at the food stores with still lots of shortages.  Stay safe.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I think your card is perfect! Guys tend to like it simple. I love your idea of layering the words. Cool! Senior year turned out to be quite a disappointment for many kids. Some don't mind so much. The schools have done what they could. Sarah looks cute and happy! We've been lucky here at the grocery stores. There were some shortages at first, but now you'd hardly notice a difference. We even have hand sanitizer!

TLady said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO SARAH on her graduation! Things here aren't back to "normal" yet either. My husband does the shopping & you have to go to different stores to find certain things, & shortages still. He FINALLY found some Clorox Wipes! LOL Our daughter likes them to clean her phone with. ANYWAY, Your Father's Day Cards look GREAT!!! I'm going to be starting on mine soon too! BEAUTIFULLY DONE & the colors you used are nice & masculine also!!! BIG INKY HUGS for your SWEET VISIT!!! ;)<3