Saturday, April 4, 2020

Egg Carton Baskets

When I was trying to fine some crafts to make for Easter this year, I came across this idea at DIY.  They took egg cartons and put some dirt discs with seeds into each holder and decorated it for Easter.  I thought it was such a cute idea since all the girls like to plant flowers.  I found some discs at the local store and decided to use some of SU's egg cartons I had left over from the other year. 


I decided to color them first.  I used rubbing alcohol and about 20 drops of reinker in my spritzer.  I had never done that before and I think they turned out cute!  Note to self - next time wear gloves!! 


When I opened up the package and removed the discs, I realized that the seeds had to be purchased separately!!  Well, there went that idea as we had so packs of seeds in the garage!  We are pretty restricted in PA except for food stores and pharmacies.  If we go out now, the Governor passed an order that we must wear a facemask as well. Rachel and her boyfriend have been doing our shopping for us, so I decided to go another way.


Nothing like some Easter goodies! 


I tied them up with some twine and added an Easter sticker for decoration.  I will put these in the kids Easter baskets and we will drop them off in their driveways next week.  No Easter egg hunt this year.  The Easter Bunny will have to go to Jennifer's house this year and we will watch on Facetime.  Thank goodness for Facetime!  Please be safe!

Thank for stopping by,

Nancy




6 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Nancy those are so Cute, Love the colors of them. They are going to love them. Hope you are doing well and staying safe. Crazy times right now. It's nice that we have our crafting to keep us busy.
cindys-greencricut

TLady said...

What a SUPER CUTE IDEA!!! Your little cartons came out WONDERFULLY!!! AND I AM SO SURE that they will be LOVED & APPRECIATED! I LOVE your idea of the seed packets too!!! ;) Have fun watching Face Time & STAY SAFE!!! ;)<3

Denise said...

Those egg cartons really colored up nicely! Great idea.

dellgirl said...

Your Egg Carton Baskets are so cute, and the colors are perfect! What a unique idea.

Tanza Erlambang said...

you are so creative....beautiful cartons.
Love the yellow little chicken....

# Time fly so fast, I do not believe that Easter is coming

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, these are way cute! You're always on the lookout for something like this. Brilliant how you colored the little cartons. Too bad you couldn't use the discs because that sounds like a really cute idea, but this is also adorable for Easter. The discs could be cute for a school party, maybe (next year?) seeing as how they can't have candy anymore. I love that you're finding a way to enjoy Easter and get the baskets where they belong. Where there's a will there's a way!