Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Jennifer's Easter Card

It was coming down to the wire in making Jennifer's Easter card so I could get it in the mail for her.  I saw some cards using the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set on Pinterest and decided to make one.  Jennifer loves going to her local Tractor Supply store this time of year to see all the little baby chicks and ducks, so I thought it would be perfect.


I used Sugarplum CS for my base card with my layer of Whisper White which I embossed.  I fussy cut out my little chick and used Old Olive CS with my IO Hollyhock die for some greenery.  For my sentiment, I used an old $1 stamp from Michael's that I had in my stash and used Simon Says Stamp Sentiment die to cut it out.  I decided to punch out some butterflies using my Glimmer paper to flutter around.


My inside sentiment came from CardzTV Easter Punnies set that I had won on a challenge.  I decided to use another $1 stamp from Michael's just to add another little chick.  I love how this card turned out and I hope Jennifer will like it as well.  It is going to be a different Easter this year as with many folks spending it alone.  Jennifer wants to facetime with us while she colors eggs, so we will enjoy that event.  I froze the huge ham I had purchased, so I will have to look deep into the freezer and find something for the two of us.  With everything going on, I feel so fortunate that our family so far is safe and sound.  Please keep safe everyone.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

I entered this card at CardzTV Anything goes Challenge #112.


6 comments:

dellgirl said...

Jennifer's Easter Card is beautiful, Nancy. I love, love, love it! Jennifer is going to be a happy little camper when she gets this adorable Card. Wishing you all the best!

Happy Easter to you and the family!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Little chick so different for this year Easter...cute and attractive.

Happy Easter to you, Jennifer and all your family.

Denise said...

How cute is that card!! Absolutely adorable. She will love it.

dellgirl said...

Wishing You a Happy & Blessed Weekend! Stay safe, dear friend!

mamawcindy said...

Hope you had a nice Easter. Love your card and I love that stamp. I have been using it to. Great minds think alike. Hee!
Stay safe and keep busy crafting. I'm working on several projects.It helps keep your mind off of the craziness going on right now.
cindys-greencricut

Leslie Miller said...

I remember the crates of baby chicks under the lights at the feed store. We would bring some home for the chicken coop, but they didn't stay all cute and yellow very long. Sure did appreciate the eggs, though! Very cute card and a nice memory today!