Monday, April 20, 2020

Rachel's Birthday Card

I have a few birthdays that are coming up and wanted to try and get a headsstart on making their cards.  The first one is Rachel's.  I can't believe it but she will be turning 20 years old!!  Oh my, where has the time gone!  It seems like yesterday that we were waiting in the hospital waiting room for the big announce whether it was a boy or girl!  She spent a lot of time with Joe and me, and I am sure we  influenced her on some of her likes and dislikes.  One that I am sure of is her love for pansies.  So it was an easy decision what type of card I would make for her.


The first collection from Heartfelt Collections that I purchased was Burst of Spring.  It features stamps, dies and DSP of pansies.  I fell in love with it and so enjoy making the pansies.  These I made using SU's inks - Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight.  I made the leaves using  Old Olive and Lemon Lime Twistink.

This is a 6"x6" card base with some of the collection's DSP covering it.


For my inside, I used some more of the Burst of Spring DSP.  I just love how all this came together.  I hope she likes it as much as I do.  We had to cancel all the plans we had made to celebrate her special day due to the virus, but we will all get together when this is over.  She and her boyfriend did all the food shopping yesterday for his family, her family and Joe and I!  They will definitely be experts when this is over!  Hopefully, we are coming to an end of our confinement.  Stay safe!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

4 comments:

dellgirl said...

Wow Nancy, this is absolutely beautiful!!! The bold bright colors just popped out and grabbed me! Rachel is going to LOVE this! Thanks for sharing this inspiration.

mamawcindy said...

Hello Nancy, I was just getting ready to come to your blog and noticed you had posted a comment on mine. I absolutely LOVE your card. It is so pretty. I used to have my kitchen done in Pansy's years ago. I'm sure Rachel is going to love and cherish it. I'm also sure she will see the love you put into it.
Hope you all are doing well,We are doing good so far. Praying that this will all end soon. I'm so glad that I have my paper crafts to enjoy. Stay safe!
cindys-greencricut

Leslie Miller said...

Those pansies are absolutely amazing! You're very good with Heartfelt Creations. I think you found a bonanza of creative possibilities when you bought your first collection. I remember when you celebrated Rachel's 16th birthday! Unbelievable that it's been 4 years already. She's a young woman now!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Rachel.....
yes, I feel the same that the time fly so fast.... My time in the USA almost 20 years too.

# Excellent card for 20 years girl