Saturday, November 9, 2019

Thanksgiving Card

Well, I have no idea where this week went!!  I decided I had better start making some Thanksgiving cards before the big day is here!  If you have read my blog before, you know that I feel Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday.  Everyone is so anxious to get into Christmas, they neglect this wonderful day.  My neighbors are already decorating their houses for Christmas!! 


My first set of cards came together pretty quick and easy.  I used SU's Soft Suede CS for my base and made my first layer with some DSP.  I love this paper but decided I had better cut it up if I want to buy any more in the future. 


I used SU's Thanksgiving stamp and embossed my sentiment on another piece of Soft Suede and made a small bow with some twine.


I added some small sparkles and the front was done.


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's Count My Blessings stamp set with Pumpkin Pie ink and colored the leaves with my markers. 


Lately, I have been stamping the envelope as well.  I think it just finishes the card off.  It was 22 degrees when I woke up this AM.  All my pretty flowers are all finished except for a few of my mums and the leaves on the trees are all gone.  I guess we can say officially winter has arrived.  Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is fabulous paper and it makes perfect Thanksgiving cards! The embossed sentiment looks very nice and adds lots of texture along with the twine. I agree that Thanksgiving is the neglected holiday. When our family was younger we made a big deal out of the get together, but now everyone is spread out with all the different branches of family. We try, but it's not the same.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Perfect thanksgiving cards...love them