Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Birthday Jennifer!!

Well, it is hard to believe that Jennifer is 6 years old today!  It seems like only yesterday that we were rushing to the hospital.  She is celebrating her birthday on Sat. with all her friends at Sky Zone and her family party will be held after that, so she will have a busy day.  If you follow me, you know that when I make her birthday card I put the number of pumpkins on her card that is her new age.  This will be interesting as the years go by!


For this year's card, I used Old Olive for my card base with my first layer of Pumpkin Pie.  My second layer was Old Olive again and I punched out a circle so my number 6 could show through.  I used my Large # Framelit die and cut out 4 and glued them together in Basic Black and put some gloss on them.  I placed 6 pumpkins around to show her age and tied up some ribbon on the bottom on the layer.


For my inside sentiment, I used my Perfect Pairings stamp set from SU and used another larger pumpkin sticker as well.  It came together pretty quick.  The kids are going to have to wear their raincoats tonight as it is pretty nasty around here.  Most of the towns changed Halloween to tomorrow but ours is still on for tonight. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Super cute birthday card. What a great idea to put the amount pf pumpkins on her card for how old she is. Yes, should be very interesting to see when she gets older. Happy Halloween to you.
cindys-greencricut

Tanza Erlambang said...

attractive card for Jennifer....happy birthday

Leslie Miller said...

The years fly by way too fast! One of these days it will have to be just one big pumpkin... or maybe one BIG card! Love traditions like this!

Mary said...

Wow, Nanny! I have been browsing a number of your recent posts and am amazed at all the creative, fun Halloween cards, treats, and gifts you have made. You are just brimming with clever ideas. Love the idea of putting the same number of pumpkins as the child's age on the card.