Monday, October 7, 2019

Skeleton Halloween Card

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  For the start of our week here in PA it is a miserable day with rain, dampness, etc.  The weather for most of the week is the same, so it will be good for staying inside and crafting.  Over the weekend, I made another Halloween card.  My stamping friend, Martha, send me the Halloween Paper Pumpkin Kit.  She only likes to do the cards and knew I would have a use for the project.  It is really cute.  It had 20 little boxes for Halloween treats that came together pretty quick.  Jennifer was up Saturday and decided she wants them for her friends to take to school for Halloween treats.


She and Mom took them home and will put some goodies in them along with some Halloween Straws  she and I found at Michael's and some favorite Ghost Lollipops that I make every year.  I have made a bunch of these for my daughter to take to work at the hospital as well.


These straws have cute little pumpkins and cats that I ended up gluing on them to keep them from moving around.


I CASEd the alternative Paper Pumpkin project making a cute card with some leftover skeletons.  It was so quick and easy and I loved how it turned out.


I used SU's Pumpkin Pie CS for the base card and stamped the skeleton stamp on my first layer.  I had extra webs and used them as well as the cute little sentiment stamped in Gorgeous Grape.


I backed the layer with some foam paper to make it stand out.  For the inside, I used 2 stamps I had in my stash from Michael's.



I even stamped the spider web on the envelopes.


Before Jennifer went home, I gave her the Halloween/Advent calendar I had made for her.  She loved it!!


Can you tell that I like Halloween!!  I could probably make Halloween goodies all year long.  Do you have good memories of Halloween?  As soon as school would let out, we would start treat or treating until the town Halloween Parade started and all the kids would line up at the end and walk the Parade route all dressed up in their costumes.  It ended up at the local park where there were free hot dogs and drinks for everyone.  Good memories!  What memories do you have about Halloween??

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy







3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, you're on a roll and I love every bit of it! Halloween is such a fun time! Darling pic of you and Jennifer. The advent calendar turned out great! I grew up mostly in rural locations, so there wasn't much going on, but I remember going to town to trick-or-treat. When my son was young I'd rush home from work to help him with his costume and go trick-or-treating. Rich and I always made up something really awesome for him. One year I stitched strips of old sheets together and wrapped him up like a mummy. Rich did the face make up. He was good at that. There was the school carnival, too. I always took a turn at the booths and baked a cake for the cake walk. Such fun!

Denise said...

Nancy, your cards and treat holders are adorable. Super cute!

Tanza Erlambang said...

your skeletons look artful than scary....creative and lovely.