Friday, October 25, 2019

Masculine Birthday Card

I  hope your week is going well!  I had to stop with my Halloween goodies and make a birthday card.  As I typed the word masculine, I thought to myself that this card could be used really for anyone.  It just doesn't have a lot of bows, etc.  I saw this card on Pinterest and thought this was just the ticket.  I have to say I spent more time looking around for the DSP than making the card.  I thought - really, it is only two little pieces of paper, but I had a hard time finding something where the pattern was correct. 


I used SU's Old Olive and cut it 11" x 6" and scored it 2 3/4" x 8 1/4".  I also cut a piece 3" x 3 1/4".

I cut the following pieces from the Gold Foil:

1 - 5 1/2 " x 5"
2 - 2 1/4" x 5 3/4"
1 - 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"

and some extra for the Happy Birthday Thinlet die.

I then cut a Very Vanilla piece - 5 1/4" x 4 3/4" and two pieces of DSP - 2" x 5 1/2"


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's Better Together stamp set.  I have gotten more use out of this stamp set!  I added in a few sparkles and the card was done!  I'm going to make a 6" envelope for it as well once I pick out the paper for it!! LOL!  Have a great weekend.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

colorful dots make background of first card look "romantic" for me....
great idea as always

mamawcindy said...

Nice card, I think It would work for anyone. I have been wanting to make a card base like that. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

This is really cute and it does work for either gender. I love a gate fold like this. I know what you mean about how long it took to find the right piece of DP. Sometimes it makes me crazy! I'm better off if I start with the DP and build the card around it, sheesh.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy Halloween...
Did kids come to your house for candies?