Monday, October 14, 2019

Crayola Decorated Pumpkin

I hope everyone that was off today had a great day.  It was beautiful here - the temps were close to 80 degrees!!  I had all the doors and windows open and loved it!  Jeannie and Jennifer surprised us by popping in for a visit and of course we had to do a craft.  I had seen this cute video on pumpkin decorating over at - Hedgehoghollow - and decided we would try it out.  Last week I purchased this fake pumpkin over at Michael's and Joe spray painted it pink over the weekend. Then I got a few crayola crayons and took the paper off and was ready for Jennifer's help.


I was surprised how easily the crayons melted.  I was afraid Jennifer would get burned with the heat gun, so she directed what color and where I should melt them.  If I have time, I may go and get a small black pumpkin and melt some gold and silver crayons. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

dellgirl said...

What a novel idea! I like it. As usual, I enjoyed reading here. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. I don't know what Grandson Jace, has planned for Halloween, he hasn't mentioned it at all.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how fun! I wouldn't have guessed that was a fake pumpkin. You can do all kinds of things with crayons. Cool!

Tanza Erlambang said...

glad to hear nice temperature in your area.
pumpkin looks pretty.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Just stop by to check a new post...

Have a great weekend