Monday, June 3, 2013

Father's Day Card

I have been attempting to clean out my craft room and found this page in one of my scrap pads and knew it would make a great card!


This card is bigger than I usually make - 5" x 7" due to the size of the scrap pad picture.  I used my crumb cake paper from SU to make the base card and then just adhered the picture.  I had some twine that I glued around the picture to frame it and then added some little fish and fishing poles I had in my stash.  My sentiment was also in the scrap pad which made this card so easy.  I just mounted it on a scrap piece of bashful blue from SU.  This was probably one of the easiest cards I have ever made and I really liked how it turned out!  Father's Day is around the corner and I have a few more cards to make, but I'm off to a good start!

We had a quiet weekend which was good - as school is out on Friday and summer fun begins! 

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

I submitted this card for the Father's Day Challenge #30 at Cardztv.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Wonderful card. I really like the twine you used as a frame. Great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz TV.

~ Jo ~ said...

This is a wonderful card for Father's Day! Love the patterned fish paper, just perfect! Thank you so much for playing with us at Cardz TV!

Hugs,
Jo
Cardz TV DT
Jo's Scrap Shack