Thursday, June 27, 2013

4th of July Card & Flag Pick

Looking through my stash of paper for a 4th of July card, I came across a card made by Becca of Amazing Paper Grace.  I loved how it looked and wanted to make it but felt it was way too hard for me so I filed it away.  Well, I decided to take the plunge, and I'm so glad I did!  It didn't turn out as good as Becca's did but I'm really happy with it!


Recipe:

Stamp - Happy 4th of July (inside sentiment) - Michael's
Paper - Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White - SU
Accessories - Ribbon, stick pins, tiny rose flower, MS Zig Zag Edger Punch              

I made the base card 5 x 5" on Brilliant Blue and the Real Red layer is 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  The Whisper White measures 4 1/2" x 4".  You can adjust your measurements to fit your needs as you go along.  Here is a link to Becca's video on how to make the bunting and the flag picks.  I also got my ribbons at Hobby Lobby and they were on sale - thank you very much! I used my bow maker to make the bow, and I had a tiny white rose in my stash.  I make a bunch of them in different colors and have them on hand for when I need them.  My husband always laughs at me when I salvage items and keep them for something??????  Well, the hat pins that my daughter was going to throw away finally came in handy!  Now who's laughing!!

Becca makes such beautiful cards - I really should call them masterpieces and now I can say that I finally attempted one of her designs!  Well, the weekend is almost here and we are gearing up for the holiday.  Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel and Sarah

2 comments:

Denise said...

Your card is beautiful. Good job! And thanks for the link. Denise

Leslie Miller said...

You did this just beautifully! Probably the prettiest 4th of July card I've seen. I love all that ribbon!