Thursday, June 13, 2013

Father's Day Pop Out Card

I needed one more card for Father's Day and found this card made by Dawn Olchefske.  I really liked how she made the letters pop out on the inside of the card.

 
 

She put together a great video on how to make this type of card.  As with my last card, I used my Doodletype Cart as I don't have the Typeset Alphabet Die from SU.  I cut the letters out at 1 1/4".  I used Crumb cake for the base of my card, Brilliant blue for my letters, Whisper White for my sentiment and some scrap DSP.  I didn't use the small strips of paper she did on the video as I thought it looked fine without them.  The sentiment stamp is one I picked up at Michael's dollar bin - love that bin!  I thought I would have trouble using the window sheets but everything worked out fine.  The only thing I did different was I used micro glue dots on my letters as they are a bit smaller than the letters the die cuts out.  Then I used  my glue stick to make sure they stayed together. 

Well, we hope everyone is ready for a great weekend!  We wish all the Father's a wonderful and special day with their families!

Thanks for stopping bye,
Nancy, Rachel & Sarah

No comments: