Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Bird Ballad Laser Cut Cards

 While trying to clean out my craft room, I found two SU boxes with these adorable tin boxes and Laser Cut cards/envelopes.  They were originally sold with the cards/envelopes plus an option for refills on tags, labels, etc. which sold out quickly.  The tins I had only contained the cards/envelopes so my thinking is that I probably got them during Saleabration.  I decided for my daughter's birthday I would make some bird cards using the Free As A Bird stamp set and DSP that belonged to the set to put in the tin.  She loves feeding her birds so we also brought her an adorable birdhouse as well. 


Each tin had 12 cards/envelopes but I ran out of time and made 10.  It ended up being more involved than I thought as there was no dies to go  with the set, so I had to fussy cut some of the birds out of the DSP.


Here is a picture of the tin. Very nice quality.


Here is a picture of the first card I made backing the laser cut with pink CS.  I used the stitched nested label dies and the sentiment from the stamp set.


I tried to make two cards with the same background color but with different birds. 


I also made wax seals in different colors so she would have them to put on the envelopes when she used them.  Spellbinders came out with these round double sided adhesive seals which makes it so easy to store and then use. I will show the rest of the cards in upcoming videos. 

Thanks for stopping by,



Nancy


3 comments:

Denise said...

Those came out so nice. I really like them. Fussy cutting all of those birds was a chore I'm sure. But worth it.

Tanza Erlambang said...

adorable card with beautiful birds .. love the background.

Leslie Miller said...

You were very busy and what a beautiful gift! The cards are gorgeous with the lacy cut and pretty birds, and the tin is such a lovely way to present the collection, wax seals included. Plus a birdhouse! Your daughter must have been absolutely delighted! Everyday I spend time outside with the birds and squirrels. They can always find plenty of food and water here!