Monday, August 7, 2023

Joe's Birthday Card

 We celebrated Joe's birthday over the weekend and had a good time.  We had to spend most of the day inside as it is still really hot and humid around here.  He got his first Great Grandfather card which definitely made him smile!  I always have trouble making cards for him, but I liked how this one turned out.


I decided to make a large slimline card and using Gina K's Master Layout #10 made the cutting easier.  Am I the only one that has trouble cutting the right dimensions?  I check two or three times and still may have to recut again!!  I had to go through a bunch of 12x12 DSP but finally settled on SU's Perfectly Artistic.  For the front of the card, I used SU's dies # of Year and Happy Birthday and added some gems.


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's stamp set Approaching Perfection and decorated the panel with SU's DSP from Birthday Friends and Framelit die.  It's raining here today so at least the garden will get some water.  We were late getting our tomatoes planted but we finally are getting some.

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

2 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy birthday to Joe ...
May his years ahead be filled with love, laughter, and good health.

# Yes, he must be happy with this beautiful card

Leslie Miller said...

Happy birthday, Joe! I sure finished with a smile on this one! Love the inside sentiment and the pretty cake. It's great to have something you can personalize a card with, too, as the numbers. I'm glad you had a good time, even if you couldn't be outside.