Thursday, June 17, 2021

Father's Day Card

 Here is my last card I made for Father's Day.  It is for Joe!  This stamp set is from SU called Ride With Me!  I fell in love with this set.  When we first got married we had a gas station, and he purchased this old red truck to use.  You could see it coming a mile away!  He loved it!  He used it for everything and we so enjoyed having it.  I remember having to get a boost up later on when I got pregnant with Margaret.  I really thought I would have her in the truck the way it bounced all over the place!  I can still see him pulling up to the house and the kids running up to him begging to go for a ride!  Big Red was with us for many years!  


I used Heartfelt Creations CS for the base card.  I did some blending first on an oval and then colored and fussy cut the truck out and popped it up for some dimension.  I just love this sentiment that is in the stamp set.  I used my Spellbinders oval dies to die cut on Real Red CS an oval frame and added some enamel hearts.  


For the inside sentiment, I used my $1 Michael's stamp and some more enamel hearts!  I just loved how this card turned out.  I'm really enjoying  using my blending brushes.  We hope everyone will have a great weekend celebrating with their families and friend.  

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy




3 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Super cute card Nancy, I'm sure your husband loved it. My husband sold his truck when I became pregnant. It was so high I couldn't get in it and we knew we needed a family vehicle. Hope your doing good. I'm getting ready to have a yard Sale this coming weekend. They are exhausting!

Tanza Erlambang said...

love the quote about faith.... Agree that faith gives ability to handle the pain...

Nice card as always....

Leslie Miller said...

I loved your story and I know Joe loved his card! Such sweet and fun memories. My Dad had a gas station when I was a teenager. The place was an icon in our area, but all that is torn down and overgrown now. Such a cute truck and sentiment to go with it. I have two truck dies and I love them. Don't know why I think old trucks are so cool.