Saturday, December 12, 2020

Christmas Oraments

 Well, we had a busy day!  My daughter and Jennifer came up this afternoon for a visit.  Jennifer is always looking for something to do and today was no exception!  She wanted to make some Christmas ornaments for friends, cousins, etc.  Fortunately, the other day I was looking for something and came across SU's Be Merry Kit that I had purchased the other year.  Not sure why we didn't make it then but it came in handy today!  It turned out to be a really nice kit.  Of course it had all the pieces needed but it was easy to put together.  Jennifer put together the rosettes and decided the designs, and I used the glue gun.  She used some of the plain white circles to sign and date them and I glued them on the back.  Mom cut 6 inches off of her hair.  I think it made her look more grown up.  No little girl anymore!


Here is a close up of the ornaments.


Now I have to get back to finishing up the kids Christmas cards.  It was really warm and foggy here today but they are forecasting snow for the middle of the week - Oh Goody!!

Our Governor shut down the state again, so Rachel lost her job and Sarah will probably be next.  It is hard to understand why they let some places open and others they shut down.  I hope next year will be better.  All schools are back to remote until at least the first of the year and I'm sure it will be longer than that.  My daughter was told this week that she will still be working home remotely until at least the Spring.  Jennifer had her picture taken this week with both her and Santa wearing their masks - something documented for her to look back on in the years ahead.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy

6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

It sounds like you had a really nice girls day. Jennifer looks adorable and the ornaments are beautiful! The COVID devastation is unspeakable in more ways than one.

Denise said...

I agree with what Leslie Miller said. Beautiful ornaments and adorable Jennifer. So sorry Rachel lost her job. Glad it was a fun day.

Tanza Erlambang said...

you always have good ideas with craft designs.... beautiful ornaments... great job to you and Jennifer.

Merry Christmas to you and yours....

mamawcindy said...

You used that kit at the perfect time, It is so fun to craft with grandkids. The ornaments are so pretty. I am so behind on making cards. I just got my first one done and posted, now working on some more. Yikes, nothing like last minute. Not sending a lot out like I usually do. Hope your doing well. Will come back to see if you post anymore Christmas projects. Stay Safe!
cindys-greencricut

dellgirl said...

Oh what FUN! Jennifer is going to have a great time giving these to her friends. The ornaments are so cute, you all did a beautiful job.

Wishing you all the best! Stay Safe, my friend!

PJ said...

Aww what a little darling. Love the picture of Your precious granddaughter. And that kit looks like so much fun.