Sunday, June 30, 2019

July 4th Pin Wheels

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  It has been hot here with lots of thunderstorms but much better than snow!!  My friend Martha gave me some SU Paper Pumpkin kits that she didn't want the last time she was here.  I decided to go through them this weekend and found this older kit of Pin Wheels to make.  I had been looking for some decorations for the holiday and started making them.  My daughter and Jennifer came up yesterday and she wanted to help.  I used to make a lot of these for Rachel and Sarah from scratch years ago.  This kit had the paper already cut out with all the embellishments.  The papers were 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" but you can make them any size you want


If you are making then from scratch, cut up from each corner towards the center leaving about 1/2" from the center.  Punch small holes on each corner and one in the center.


Using your bone folder, curl the corners with the holes on them.


Then put each corner with a hold into the brad one after the other and then through the center hole to form a pin wheel.


The kit had supplied these cute sturdy straws, so it was Jennifer's job to flatten the end, put on a medium glue dot and put it on the back of the pin wheel.   I used to put the brad through a small dowel and that way the pin wheel would spin, but I didn't have any in my stash. 


The kit also had some cute stamps and labels, so Jennifer stamped them and she make some drinking straws for her to take home.


Make sure to use double sided paper  as both sides show through.


I found these ice cream glasses to display them.  I think they turned out cute and they look nice on the table.


They took some home with them to put on their table as well.  I'm working on some goodies for the Wellness Center but had to wait for the Amazon order to come in this week.  Did you make any decorations for the holiday?  I think I will leave these out until after labor Day.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy




5 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

I love fall and spring temperature...
The last photo is exciting...love it

mamawcindy said...

Oh my, Love your patriotic pin wheels. I haven't made any for several years. Love how you placed them in the Ice Cream glasses. Perfect! Hope you have a great week.
cindys-greencricut

Leslie Miller said...

There are some things you just have to have double sided paper for, and you sure can't beat it for these pinwheels! They make the cutest table accent! Happy 4th to you and your family!

Mary said...

I knew you would have a super creative project for the 4th of July, Nanny! So festive in the ice cream glasses. I also enjoyed your account of your daughter's wedding--truly amazing that you all pulled together such a beautiful celebration in 11 days. And the card you made her is classy and gorgeous--a real keepsake!

Tanza Erlambang said...

Happy the 4th of July