Friday, June 7, 2019

Father's Day Card & Trip

As you know, I have been MIA.  The past several months have wore us down so Joe and I decided to run away for some down time and took my daughter Jeannie and Jennifer with us.  We went to Virginia beach for a week.  I had not been there since I was a kid and we had a wonderful time.  It was so good to see the ocean again.  Being a Jersey kid, I grew up spending most of my summers at the Jersey shore and have missed not going.  With my MS its not that easy to get close to the beach and water but the boardwalk was cement with a lot of  walkways.  The hotel messed up our reservations and compensated us with the penthouse on the 18th floor.!! Here is a picture of our first sunset.


The next morning we woke up to this!


Everything was so accessible.  We had breakfast every morning on the walkway looking at the ocean and then would walk a while.  Jennifer loved the sculptures we would pass.  You can see how big it is compared to her.


  I loved this large shell as well.


One afternoon Jeannie and Jennifer rented a bike to drive on the boardwalk.



We spent one whole day at the Virgina Aquarium and had a great time.  Jennifer loved the turtles.


She couldn't get enough of watching the fish.


Part of the day was spent on a Dolphin Boat ride.  I can't say enough about the how great the people were.  I didn't think I would be able to get on the boat with my scooter.  They actually have wheelchairs that I could change into and they wheeled me up the ramp and gave us a great place to see everything.  We saw a lot of dolphins!!


I can't remember the last time I was on a boat.  It was just great!

So, we are home and trying to settle back into our normal routine.  I can't believe all the paperwork involved when someone dies.  My desk is full.

But I realized that Father's Day will be here before I know it, so I finally got back to my craft room to make some cards.  This first card is made with SU's One Wild Ride.  I used Basic Black for the base card and Real Red for the first layer.


My next layer in Crumb Cake - 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" I used my Versa Mark and stamped the background.  I then stamped my image and mounted it on a Basic Black layer of 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and tied some twine around the two layers and popped it up on my base card.  I stamped the Life's a Journey stamp in Real Red on Whisper White and cut it up and glued the bottom half on and popped up the top part.


For my inside sentiment, I used another stamp from the set and a stamp from my stash from Michael's $ bin.  This card came together pretty quick, which was good as I don't have too much time in my craft room these days.  I had started working on some goodies for the Wellness Center and they are sitting on my desk waiting to be finished.  I may have to ask Sarah to come up this weekend and help me finish them.  Today was the last day of school so she is a happy camper!  Have a great weekend and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks for stopping by,

Nancy


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so happy to hear you had such a nice, restorative getaway. What a beautiful place you visited, and the penthouse! It sounds like you were treated like royalty everywhere you went. I want to ride that bike that Jeannie and Jennifer are on! That looks like fun! Don't know if I could fit two Golden Retrievers on it, though. I can understand how Jennifer felt about watching the fish. I'm always mesmerized by an aquarium. A few miles up the coast we have one with a tunnel where the fish swim all around you - over, under, and on each side. Big sharks, too. It fascinates me. Great Father's Day card you made, too. I love the distressed look of the stamps, especially the sentiment. I'm eager to start our summer travels, but we've had some things happening that are causing a delay.

Tanza Erlambang said...

Beautiful and attractive place...
I have a friend living in Virginia beach....

# Have a wonderful weekend

mamawcindy said...

I was wondering why you hadn't been posting. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I have only been to the Ocean once. A few years ago we went to Disney world and then Coco Beach. Loved It! It was awesome seeing it for the first time. I am planning on going to Sanibel Island in a few weeks with one of my sisters and a friend. Hoping to have a great time.
Great Father's Day Card, I have posted two so far and will be posting another one soon.Looking forward to your upcoming post. Happy Day to you friend.
cindys-greencricut

Tanza Erlambang said...

Just stop by to say have a wonderful weekend