Sunday, January 28, 2024

Heart Valentine Day Card

 Well, we have had more nasty weather here, so I decided to start making some cards for Valentine Day.  Last year, I purchased a kit from Gina K called Luck and Love.  I made a St. Patrick's Day card with some of it but never used the Layering Heart stencils that were included.  I decided to play around with them and loved how they turned out.  Gina made a birthday card with the stamps that came in the kit - Frame Flora - so I decided to make them for Valentine Day.  


I used her Master Layout #1 to cut my layers and her Masking Magic 1/8" stripes to make a border before I did my stenciling.


I popped up some of the flowers and leaves over the sentiment strip which came from SU's Heart to Heart stamp set.


My inside sentiment was also from the same stamp set.  I didn't want to waste my extra leaves I had die cut, so added them as well along with some heart washi tape I had in my stash.  I was so happy how this card turned out!

Entered this post over at Double D Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy


6 comments:

Denise said...

Gorgeous card! Absolutely beautiful. Floral silhouette is the perfect touch.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, these are gorgeous! I absolutely love the black flowers and foliage. Cute stenciled hearts. I like how you used the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment on the front and the other on the inside. I have the inside sentiment, maybe not the same maker, but I haven't thought to use it for a Valentine. I love the idea!

bread&salt said...

Beautiful Card. Valentine Card's compozition and colors look so cute and lovely. Thanks for the sharing. Happy February. Greetings.

Tanza Erlambang said...

flowers make card more beautiful...
Happy Valentine Day

mamawcindy said...

Wonderful card, love the colors and those black flowers. Hard to believe it will soon be Valentines Day. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Barbara said...

This is a standout card in my book! I love the heart's background and the black bunch of flowers on the side. Just lovely and I am so glad to see it here in the challenge at Double D!