Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Father's Day Card

 Well, it seems like we are slipping into the month of June and with that comes Father's Day.  The first card I made is pretty forthcoming.

The base card is made with SU's CS Tempting Turquois.  I always loved this color and thought it was perfect for this card.  On my first layer of Whisper white, I used the stamp set Sunshine Sayings from SU to stamp some swatches of the ink.  Then I used a punch for the DSP and SU's Happy Birthday Die.  The sentiment came from SU's Thoughtful Banners stamp set.  I found some tiny gems in the same color to finish it off.


For my inside sentiment, I used the same technique and the stamp set Amazing You from SU.  I really liked how this technique turned out. When Jennifer and Daisy were away for the holiday look what they found!!


Of course they had to go and investigate!


Nothing like ice cream on a hot day at the beach!


And of course they had to take a goodie home!


When they got home, look what they found had bloomed while they were gone!  My daughter has great luck with her  flowers.  I love this purple rose.

Thanks for stopping by,



Nancy

5 comments:

Denise said...

Adorable! Daisy and Jennifer are quite the pair! Wish there was a Salty Paws near me. And yes your Father's Day card is nice too.

Lovely said...

The card is beautiful! Your pup is adorable.
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Leslie Miller said...

What a fun post! You're right on the mark getting a Father's Day card done already. I don't even have an idea yet. Love the pics of Jennifer and Daisy, and what a great shop they came across! I would love to have something like that here. People love to pamper their dogs! Your daughter's rose is so perfect it almost looks artificial. Such a pretty color!

Tanza Erlambang said...

card design is beautiful... perfect color combines.
Daisy looks cute with goodie...

# Yes, temperature getting hot, F 90* in our place today.
Have a wonderful weekend

dellgirl said...

Oh, what a FUN post! Jennifer and Daisy are just too, too cute! I enjoyed every minute of this adventure. Thank you for sharing the fun with us and for taking me along.

Wishing you all the best, dear friend!