Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Halloween Gift Cards

Well, my hand surgery went well. Actually, much better than I thought it would so I decided to finish some cards.  I started making these cards before my hand surgery and all I had left to do was make the holders for the gift cards.  I saw this card on Pinterest and decided to make some for the family! 

This card looks like a regular A2 card but when you open it the folds are revealed.  They called it a Dutch Door fold. 

It really came together pretty quick.  I used the Spooky Night DSP and layered the square on a piece of Very Vanilla.  On the back, I adhered another piece of DSP so you can see that when the card is opened. Then I attached it to the "door" of the base card. I also die cut some pumpkins from the DSP and popped them up with dimensionals using the Patterned Pumpkins Thinlets.

On the inside, I attached a piece of Very Vanilla CS on the lower right side and stamped on it using the Paper Pumpkin set I used on my last card.  Last night I made the pockets for the gift cards using some more of the DSP.  The BOO is embossed with some white embossing powder! 


Some more exciting news is Joe and I became Great Grandparents!!  Sarah had a beautiful baby BOY!!  It is the first boy in the family!  Jennifer is just beside herself that she is a big cousin!  





It seems like yesterday that Jennifer was born.  Hard to believe that she will be  8 years old next month!  With Jennifer going back to school I think Daisy is getting lonely!


I want to thank everyone for their emails and good wishes.  I'm feeling much better and hope to make some more cards soon!

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy

I entered this post over at - Two Bats Halloween Challenge


8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love the pumpkins sitting on a tree branch in the moonlit night! Super cute, plus a fun fold. I'm surprised you were able to finish them so soon after your surgery. I'm glad to hear it went well and you're recovering so nicely! Congratulations on your new family member! A boy in a family full of girls... he's adorable and will be doted on, I'm sure. Poor little Daisy has quite a lot of adjusting to do. She may get used to it, but she doesn't have to like it!

Darlene said...

OMG both cards are just the cutest!! WOW congrats on becoming Great Grandparents. We now have 2 GREATS ... Charlie just turned 2 and Landen is 5 months. Oh My ... where has the time gone! ENJOY!

Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

These are super super cute as are the greats, cut doggies too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

Mary said...

I'm so glad to hear that your hand surgery is behind you and that you are recovering so well! The cards look great, but I'll have to take your word for it that they came together quickly since the steps sounds complicated to me, non-card artist that I am! Your family's new little boy is adorable; congratulations!

Leslie Miller said...

Oops, I just now saw your card at our Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us there!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww... cute baby boy...

Glad to know that you are feeling much better now.

Have a wonderful day

bread&salt said...

Pumpkin season just beginning here and everywhere turns to orange color here. These Halloween card with pumpkin looks great! Also baby in the photos you shared in this post so cute. Happy day.