Sunday, September 12, 2021

Halloween Card

 I actually started making some Halloween cards!  I was trying to get some made early as I will be MIA for awhile as I am having surgery tomorrow on my left hand.  I have severe carpel tunnel and trigger fingers on both hands.  I should have done this long ago but put it off and of course it got worst.  I am having my left hand done first and we will see how it goes.  With my disability it will be interesting how I will be able to get about.  I didn't get too many cards done though unfortunately.  This first card I saw on Pinterest.  I had been wanting to use my Wreath Builder & Template and stamp set by Gina K again and I loved how this turned out.  Instead of flowers and leaves I used pumpkin faces!


For the card on the left I used the pumpkin face from SU's Harvest Hello stamp set.  I thought it was a little large, so I took out my Halloween stamps and found a smaller one that I had in an old Paper Pumpkin from SU.  Which one do you like?  


For the witches hats, I used SU's Toile and Trouble DSP and cut it with the Cauldron Bubble Framelits dies.  


For the inside sentiment, I used my old Michael's $1 stamp and decorated it with some washi tape.  I am really making a concentrated effort to use up what I have before I buy anything new.

Here are some pictures from our trip to Tennessee.  The first one is a great restaurant we found on our first day at Pidgeon Forge.  It was a replica of the old diners which brought back a lot of good memories!  

They had some great old cars parked out front and everyone was dressed up in 50's attire.  


Inside they had 2 old cars - one red and the other pink - and in the middle they had cut out a booth for people to sit and we got to sit in the red one.  Here is a pix of Joe, Jennifer and I waiting for our food!


One of our stops was at the Parrot House.  This was such a cool place!  They were celebrating their 20th Anniversary.  They started out with 1 parrot and today they have 1,000!  I have so many pictures of all the different species but I loved this one with Jennifer and Jeannie with all the birds!


Another stop was at Dolly's Parton's Stampede.  It was a dinner show with lots of entertainment.  We loved the horses! 


Here is Joe and Jennifer having a great time.  This was their past time every night!  The loser had to buy the ice cream!  It was always a fierce battle but Joe always lost!!


On the way home we stopped in Virginia at the Luray Caverns.  Here is a picture of Jennifer, Jeannie and Daisy.  When I was 9 years old I went there and remember how we had to walk through it up and down on very tiny steps!  It is all different today as the steps have been replace with a path.  It was so brutality hot that day so it was so nice being in the caverns!


It's hard to see but that's Joe and I in the picture.  


It was just as beautiful as I remembered!


Here is a picture of Jennifer.  She was amazed at the caverns!


Here is a picture of Jennifer and I on the path.  


Here is a picture of music being played and the different sounds it makes in that area of the cavern.  It was really beautiful!


As I mentioned, we had to cut our trip short due to the flooding/oncoming hurricane and were not able to go to Nashville so that is still on my bucket list!

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy



5 comments:

bread&salt said...

Dear fruend! Halloween card you shared in this post BEAUTİFUL! Especially its colors are very cute, Tennessee trip looks amazing. I love photos of caverns.

Denise said...

What a great idea to use the wreath builder with the pumpkin faces! Adorable wreath! Honestly can't decide which one I like. They both work on the wreath.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, where to start! First, your cards -- I love both! I took a long time trying to decide which pumpkin face looked best, so I conclude that they're both awesome. Love the hats cut from DP. Super cute! Next I want to wish you success and quick recovery on your surgery. You know I've had trigger finger and mild carpal tunnel, but it has gotten quite a bit better as we (the doctor and I) hoped it would. I'll continue to be cautious about the things that aggravate it. Lastly, I love the photos from your trip! I dearly love a road trip and fun things along the way, but we haven't done that since 2019. You went to some very cool places! The parrot photo is amazing. Jeannie must have very strong arms to hold up all those big birds! What a cool trip with all the wonderful sights! I'm glad you got to do that before your surgery. Take care!

Tanza Erlambang said...

time flies so fast... we meet the Halloween soon.
Card is well design, combination of critters.... beautiful.

Thank you for sharing very interesting photos.

mamawcindy said...

Hey Nancy, Your Halloween cards are so cute, Love the pictures of your trip. Looks like you all had a good time. I would love to see the parrots. I love birds. Hope your getting along ok with your hand and hope you heal quickly. I have been pretty sick with Covid. But finally feeling better. I am enjoying being in my craftroom again. Hope you can visit my blog again soon. Going to say a prayer for you and stay safe!🙂
cindys-greencricut