Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Happy Birthday Card

 I took a break from making Halloween cards to make a birthday card for my SIL.  I saw this technique at Pinterest and thought I would give it a try. 


I used the birthday die from SU.  I cut a piece of adhesive paper the same size as the die and adhered 1/2" strips of different colored paper to it and then cut it with the die.  I thought the different colors looked so neat!  For my sentiments, I used SU's stamp set Birthday Gorgeous on Very Vanilla CS layered on Basic Black and Old Olive CS.


For my inside sentiment, I used SU's stamp set Party with Cake.  I also used a  small strip of DSP to decorate the bottom.  I  love these old stamp sets.  Well, it's back to Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by,


Nancy



6 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Great birthday card, Love that technique. I'm going to have to try it. Makes the card look so fun. Hope all is well with you.

Denise said...

Nice card! Especially for a guy! Now I have to try this technique!

bread&salt said...

Dear friend! These Artwork cards are Beautiful. Especially, "Happy Birthday"s letters colors are Beautiful. Really good job. Happy weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like the look of this technique! It would be a good way for people to use up some of their washi tape, too. I don't have washi tape, but I sure do have cardstock scraps. Very cute!

Ann said...

Lovely card ♥
Enjoy the weekend.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Tanza Erlambang said...

yes, its time to celebrate with cake... 👍😃
happy birthday.

# Have a wonderful autumn